Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Black Band



The idea came from Sarah's House - the episode where she paints a white band on the craft room's blue ceiling. My ceiling, while not popcorn, has some bumpy texture so I knew I wouldn't get a clean line using painter's tape (which never works for me under the best conditions). I first went with a peel and stick, 8" black border. It took two hours of measuring, marking, cutting and rubbing. When I woke up the next day, it was in a heap on the floor. What you see here is Plan B - high gloss black duct tape! Yes, duct tape! It now comes in every color, finish, width and pattern imaginable. It is so easy to work with and so forgiving that I did a border around the front door too and had time to go to the gym.

The effect is a defined entry area that actually seems to open up as you enter the living room.




No comments:

Post a Comment